Alberta Supra Club

Alberta Supra Club (http://www.supraclub.ca/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.supraclub.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.supraclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=5990)

dtpderek 09-11-2016 04:16 PM

Hello!

Good Day!

I have a 1988 Supra. 266k km on the odo. Picked it last August from the second owner of it. Completely stock....even the head gasket. ;)

Has been my daily for the summer and it has been great.

Looking forward to share some information on this forum. Thanks have a great day.

Derek

Dan_Gyoba 09-12-2016 08:54 AM

Welcome, and hope to hear more about the car.

See you around!

Franco 09-12-2016 11:56 AM

Welcome! Hope the car has been well taken care of. You should post a couple pictures if you've got any.

dtpderek 09-19-2016 04:36 PM

Thanks!

I will be definitely be coming here often.

I'll post some pics once I am off work!

The interior is not the cleanest as of right now! Have some parts in the back ��

dtpderek 09-19-2016 07:06 PM

Pics and Car History

5 Attachment(s)
Good Afternoon!

So i bought the car last August (2015) from a older gentleman who owned it since 1989 with 60,000km on the odo. The car was his daily for many years, keeping all maintenance records. So I have a 25mm thick folder full of records of every service, minus oil changes. I looked through the records and not much really need replacing. Replaced a interior switch, open in cruise circuit, CEL due to knock sensor to ECU, headlight switch. the only engine related stuff was maintenance, upper rad hose, blower motor, and a cooler line to the turbo.

Although on the records I saw that they replaced the ATF twice...... It's most definitely not a Auto so hopefully he wasn't swindled into paying for a service that WAS not needed.

In 2006 he took it to Sturgeon Autobody and got it repainted. It was not a total repaint they painted it with the trim still on. They also repaired/ replaced some trim components. Rust check. Undercoating. Total Bill was $8.401.60.

When I bought it I did all the fluids, timing belt and pulleys, all seals I could get to, accessory belts, thermostat, replaced rotten hose(almost all except ones by fire wall and egr, those are a bastard to replace), replaced torn accordion hose, clean and serviced brakes. Tried to repair one taillight which worked... until now. As it has water in it, due too cracked lense. oh well add it to my winter projects. (which I will record on the forum)

Franco 09-19-2016 08:35 PM

Sounds like an awesome car to start with and I can't wait to see what you have planned :good:
If you are going to keep the pre 89 tail lights, I may have a set I'll just give you.

Still no pictures though, or maybe they aren't working for me.

dtpderek 09-19-2016 08:46 PM

Right click on pics and open new tab might work! Ill resize them and post them later. Unless some one else has a better idea for posting pics!!

And regarding the lights I would love another set of pre89 lights. I personally like the look of them better. And i would pay you for em.

dtpderek 11-26-2016 06:39 PM

Pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures :)

Franco 11-28-2016 09:45 PM

Gorgeous car!
I really need to look for those tail lights for you. If I forget, remind me in about a week.

dtpderek 05-25-2017 10:48 PM

Hope all is well Franco.
Do you still have those tail lights
P.S. I know it has been only a few days since you posted :)