View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
1991 Red California Supra w/ 1JZ

Well, here it goes. I've owned two previous MK3 Supras but back then I had money for basic maintenance and that was about it. I will try and dig up some old pictures, but not sure I have any sadly.

Anyhow, it wasn't until my friend bought a Burgundy '87 Supra back in 1997 that I even knew what the hell a Supra was. I grew up in a small town that was about 5 hours away from any city so these cars were rarely seen by me. After driving his car, I just had to have one and then began my interest in the Supra.

I've been looking for a car for quite some time now and I came across this car in the Classics Section of Kijiji in Nanaimo BC. The guy who owned the car was an older gentleman and really cared for the car. He and his dad both really liked Supra's. The guy in Nanaimo originally bought the car from a guy in California (the car was for sale on Supramania about 7-8 years ago). In the 7-8 years the guy I bought it from didn't do a thing with the car. The car has no functioning stereo in it and it was puffing smoke on deceleration for the whole time he owned the car.

I took a bit of a gamble on the smoking as I'm pretty sure it is the stock turbos so hopefully by this spring I'll have that issue sorted out.

I bought the car in October just before thanksgiving weekend and it drove great all the way back to Calgary from Nanaimo. I now remember how comfortable the supra seats really are.I typically get a bit of a sore back when I drive long distances, but I didnít get a sore back at all during my drive. Once I got it back to town, I obviously had to get it past the provincial safety inspection and sure enough I failed due to three things.
  1. The car had an airbag originally so it needs to have one to pass inspection. (had a momo one when I bought it)
  2. The car used to be an automatic so when the swap was done, they didnít hook up the wiring for the two clutch safety switches. One for starting the car and the other for kicking off the cruise control.
  3. DRL- the fog light switch turned the lights on/off however they need it to remain on all the time.
  4. They need a printout ensuring the car has no CEL codes stored, which I told them it wonít do as its pre-OBDII.
I donít have a lot of pictures of the car right now as it is in storage for the winter, but I do have some interior pictures that the previous owner sent me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1826.jpg (88.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1829.jpg (73.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1835.jpg (86.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1844.jpg (90.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1842.jpg (78.8 KB, 17 views)
1987 Toyota Supra, Pearl White, Turbo, Targa w/ Burgundy Leather
1990 Toyota Supra, Black w/ Burgundy Pearl, Turbo, Targa w/ Grey Leather
1991 Toyota Supra 1JZ Red w/ Grey Interior
YYCSupra is offline   Reply With Quote