Thread: Oil Filters
View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
Oil Filters

Here's a little piece of part information.

So I like to have extra filtering abilities, and I assume some others might like it as well. But don't really want or feel like spending more on a "Long Life" usually more folds in the filter media or "Racing Filters" that typical don't have a by pass valve and sometimes anti-drain back valve(not a problem in ours as our filters are not horizontal or threads facing down).

I use WIX filters. So one day I was changing my oil quickly after work and I did not check to make sure that we had the right filter and took off the filter and drained the oil. I then grabbed the oil and went for the filter and the spot was empty. Shit. I went on WIX and started looking for a filter that might work and found that #51516 is identical to the #51348. Just longer by about 1.5".

Sweet more filtering, a little more oil capacity, little more oil cooling (lol) and roughly the same price (I believe 10 cents more?).

So I know there is a lot of forums about oil filters but I didn't see one here, also feel free to add any filters you have used or have compared.

I can also cut them open to compare them if anyone wants too.

Summer Daily
1988 Supra Stock
Colour: Maroon
Engine: 7mgte Tires: 16's
Nickname: Scarlett

Winter Beater
1987 Toyota Corolla
Colour: Blue
Engine: 4-AC Tires:13's
Nickname: Sky
dtpderek is offline   Reply With Quote