Alberta Supra Club  

All Albums / Galleries Timeslip Database
Go Back   Alberta Supra Club > Member Galleries > Supra Club Member Rides

Unread 03-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #131
Grandavi

Send a message via MSN to Grandavi Send a message via Skype™ to Grandavi
kk, Will? You gonna have this on the road this season?
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #132
85mkii

Hi guys, long time again since i've posted on this thread. The car is on the road (well not right now due to winter) but i did take it out to a couple car shows and a few cruises in september. Let me tell you she feels like a brand new car and fast. I haven't had the chance to push the gas pedal all the way yet, my rear tires rub on quick acceleration, acting as a govenor for the fresh rebuild...

I tried trimming the rear fender flares and removing inner fender lip but they still rubbed, after looking under the car over winter i found that the front upper fender flare bolt head had rub marks on it, i replaced it with a shallow head screw. this should solve the rubbing as only half of the bolt head had the coating cleaned off. i also picked up some 232lb rear springs to stiffen it up a bit, take some of the squat out on acceleration.

Currently i'm waiting on the coated socket head cap screws to replace the uncoated ones that came with the BBK, 2 of them started turning brown, had to get coated ones.

The interior is in for a complete upgrade, the faded worn grey cloth interior had to go, i'll post pictures soon of the upgrade.

It's still a pain posting pictures on here as i have no access to photobucket at work. and no time at home to go onlie.

I'll also post some picture of the photo shoot i took part in with Ryan's MKII and Ken's Lt Blue 84. That was a nice day back in fall.

Time to start planning some meets/drives, Hwy 40 always looked like a nice sports car drive.
85mkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #133
Grandavi

Such a beautiful car. Looking forward to seeing it in operation.
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #134
85mkii

Hi all, here are a couple belated pictures of the supra, first ones are at the Quarry Park car show in early september and the rest were at a photoshoot with with Ryan and Ken a few weeks after (Thanks Tara for the pictures). I can't wait to take the supra back out on the road, just got to finish up the leather seat skin conversion first and a few other little things. I finally figured out my spare tire option, up till now i had nothing. I needed a wheel that was 4x114.3 in a minimum of 16" to clear the big brake kit. Well after searching for a few months i ended up getting a new steel wheel from a mid 90's Accord, the only one that would fit without getting a custon wheel made. the offset is high but still clears all the bits..... no more worries about getting a flat, yeah.

Stay tuned for more car shows, i'll be trying to line up a fun run for late spring early summer to meet some of the guys who i havent met yet and who actually have a supra on the road.

85mkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #135
Grandavi

Sad that the one time I go to Quarry park.. no Supras... the next one... my Supra is AWOL... This year.. I should be doing much better