Alberta Supra Club  

All Albums / Galleries Timeslip Database
Go Back   Alberta Supra Club > Member Galleries > Supra Club Member Rides

Unread 01-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
genesis195

88 Supra build Stanced.

It's been a while guys. Summer of 09 I purchased a mint condition 88 supra from a fellow club member.

I will probably get hated on, since I'm doing something unorthodox in the supra community and that is to stance, slam and flush the supra.

Why you ask? well the thing is, a few months after I purchased the car, I moved over to Vancouver. And here, I was exposed to a community of rides (mostly vw's) that have insane offsets, and kept reping "hella flush" styling. At first i thought it was retarded since it throws of the car's geometry and being so low, you literally can't go anywhere... but as time passed the whole look and scene grew on me, I soon became a photographer for one of these sites, and naturally met with other people that hold the same passion in the stance scene. I attended several drift events down in the states and got to see even more of this "hellaflush" cars...
So. winter of 2010... my projected begins.

Stock in Vancouver

toy's came in.

at the shop

Dec 24 2010

at this point I was extremely satisfied with the ride. However.. I had a BBK kit that wouldn't clear the wheels as it was hitting the spokes. I was against any major body work that required a complete repaint of the car, so the only way was to camber the front and put spacers + extended nuts. This was tricky since camber arms for mk3 are only made by JIC, however they had discounted this in 07. But i was lucky...

January 23 2011

The arms that a friend managed to source out in japan for me.

all installed.

The BBK.

yes I know the camber is WACK. Yes the front is cambered crazily.. something that shouldn't happen on a daily. Hence I'm taking the car for a alignment. Also i was parked on a bump, hence the camber is exaggerated. But yes as of now, my rears at -3 camber and front is about -5.

I'll post better pictures when the sky clears up and my ride is nice and clean.

more to come
genesis195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Funkycheeze

Not hating per se, but please read these

http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultim..._handling.aspx

I beg of you.. Please.
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Dan_Gyoba

Send a message via ICQ to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Yahoo to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Skype™ to Dan_Gyoba
If you're going for the look, then tghat's one thing, but if you're doing it for performance/handling, that's entirely another.

As far as the look goes, that's some nice work. (Too bad you curbed that right front rim so bad. ) Also, gotta lol at the Canadian Tire parking lot pic.

I'd personally never do that, but I'm not looking for that kind of look, and I still want a car that I can drive on public roads without worrying about damage. (I also don't want to curb rims like that.) I also notice that in the stock pic at the top, the car has the chin spoiler on, and in good condition, but on the Canadian Tire lot pic, it's gone. I'd bet that with the car slammed like that, it either got ripped off (Which would be a damned shame) or you removed it because it certainly WOULD get ripped off.

'89NA-T, 499,XXX kms
Part-out in process, RIP

'90T, 289,XXX kms
What I need to fix:
Stereo construction needed.
7M-GTE needs to be broken in
Should install Walbro fuel pump

eBay F1 clutch pics.
NA-T engine swap pics
Driftmotion Action Stage 3 clutch pics
Dan_Gyoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Tara

Beautiful car, too bad you can't drive it aggressively without worrying about breaking things.

Too bad about those nice rims too. When I got my GT4, the tires on the wheels were slightly stretched, and the previous owner, who had only driven on those rims for a few months had ruined them. I had to get them refinished, spending $500 to get rid of the gouges... not to mention the $750 I spent on new tires - ones that fit this time.

You did a great job executing the look you were going for - I'm sure all the guys in that crowd are impressed.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four
1986 Celica Supra project
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
genesis195

those rims are used. i got them for cheap (due to the curbs). I've never curbed any rims in my life and i hope to stay it that way haha. as for the lip, i took it off when it was still stock. i think the plates and what not rusted off, and the lip had some color change to it.. so i was about to repaint it and get the rust off from the metal things that hold the lip, just never got around to it.

I can still drive it extremely aggressively. Just sometimes iono, i get worried and paranoid LOl.

Right now i just got the car aligned.. completely wtfing right now.. ya.. starting to regret this its' a cool and fun look to pull of if you have spare money and can do most of the work yourself and not to mention if its' not your daily... gawd!!!!
sorry just venting here.

Last edited by genesis195; 01-28-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
genesis195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
Not hating per se, but please read these

http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultim..._handling.aspx

I beg of you.. Please.
thank you.. oh god.. I'm starting to doubt this.. whole thing.. well my car as of now is lowered 3 or so inchs from stock.. i hope its' not to much of a mess up on the geometry..

edit: just went under the car to take a closer look. my car's geometry surprisingly its' that much of a mess. I would say it's right at the limit where if i lower it anymore, then the geometry will be completely screwed.

again much appreciated. I might be moving back to Alberta this summer year, I would love to have a meet

Last edited by genesis195; 01-28-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Tara

Those are brilliant articles. The author does a fantastic job of explaining the hows and whys of suspension setup.

I wasn't saying that you're the kind of person to curb rims, just that it's that much easier when there isn't any tire protecting the rim from even the tiniest bit of contact. Shit happens, and stretched tires make it worse.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four
1986 Celica Supra project
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Dan_Gyoba

Send a message via ICQ to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Yahoo to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Skype™ to Dan_Gyoba
Ah. I didn't know that you'd got the rims used, so seeing that they had been curbed... Well, it's still too bad that they are curbed like that.

And I agree, those articles are very well written. Still, the slammed/flush look does have it's appeal, and I can understand that there are people who mod their cars for appearance.

And no matter what, that car is still a very good looking Supra.

'89NA-T, 499,XXX kms
Part-out in process, RIP

'90T, 289,XXX kms
What I need to fix:
Stereo construction needed.
7M-GTE needs to be broken in
Should install Walbro fuel pump

eBay F1 clutch pics.
NA-T engine swap pics
Driftmotion Action Stage 3 clutch pics
Dan_Gyoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Grandavi

Send a message via MSN to Grandavi Send a message via Skype™ to Grandavi
There's a meet in (or near) Vancouver that's supposed to happen this summer.. I plan on going to that one if I can arrange the time.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
myspeedsuicide

those are ballin wheels to manuveur! what size of rim did u get?

ADJust UR CAMBER !!!

Last edited by myspeedsuicide; 02-06-2011 at 03:19 AM.
myspeedsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote