Alberta Supra Club  

All Albums / Galleries Timeslip Database
Go Back   Alberta Supra Club > Member Galleries > Supra Club Member Rides

Unread 04-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #171
YYCSupra

I took a lot of things apart this winter, here's my list:

-Installed a new wastegate, bought metal gaskets for installation, and FIPG'd the WG allen bolts.
-Replaced all my vacuum lines associated with my BOV and WG.
-Removed my transmission and had it rebuilt / upgraded by Ryan.
-Cleaned and painted some of the parts that came off with the transmission.
-Installed a new clutch and upgraded pressure plate.
-Replaced my flywheel with a lightweight one, used ARP flywheel bolts for installation.
-Removed and resealed my crank retainer and installed a new genuine Toyota rear main seal for insurance.
-Installed a new AEM boost gauge and Ashtray gauge holder.
-Wired in my fog lights properly.
-Replaced my stock boost gauge with a voltmeter from a NA car.
-Installed my new Driftmotion brand short shifter (looks very spiffy, can't wait to try).
-Completed my annual spring oil change (man I really need to buy a oil filter relocation kit, what a PITA).
-Bought some Amber LED parking lights. I'm hoping they look better with the clear parking light lens I have installed.

All I have to do to get the car on the road now is to put my dash back together. I'm hoping that I'll have it done tonight. The one thing I hate about doing so many tasks over winter is if I encounter an issue, I'll have a heck of a time trouble shooting it.
YYCSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #172
Franco
Administrator

Looks like a very productive winter! And it sounds like that Watergate has been giving you trouble.

If it continues to come loose, I'd look into fasteners like these: www.stage8.com
They will defenatly fix the issue. I would have recommended sooner but it took me forever to remember what they were called haha
Unread 05-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #173
YYCSupra

thanks for sharing the fasteners link. I may try some if I can't keep those allen bolts done up. So far so good. I have been breaking in my clutch so I haven't really put the new wastegate through any tests. I'm hoping my EBC works properly now that I've fixed the WG problem. I'm contending with a leaking power steering system now. I'm not getting any whining sounds, so it might just be a hose leak.

On another note, I can report what it's like to drive with the lightweight flywheel I bought. I actually do not notice much of a difference. I was afraid it would be really annoying, but in fact it's not bad at all. It might actually drive better than it did before on the original flywheel (in my opinion).

I'm going to adjust my clutch pedal catch point here at some point as it's pretty high up right now (much as it was before the clutch upgrade). It should be a relatively easy adjustment. If anything the catch point will have more effect in how it drives than the actual parts I've changed. I'll just need to get used to it. Overall very happy with how everything has turned out so far!
YYCSupra is offline   Reply With Quote