Alberta Supra Club  

All Albums / Galleries Timeslip Database
Go Back   Alberta Supra Club >  Buy / sell / trade > Auto Parts

Unread 02-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
L1982

Wtb: 5mge, 6mge, 1jz

Im looking to buy a new engine as i threw a rod in my 5mge on my 82 mk2 supra i love my car and couldnt dream of getting rid of it so if anyone has a running engine please contact me TIA
L1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
Grandavi

Send a message via MSN to Grandavi Send a message via Skype™ to Grandavi
I would think the easiest swap (if you aren't staying 5MGE) is the 7M. Just because it's been done so many times.

Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
Dan_Gyoba

Send a message via ICQ to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Yahoo to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Skype™ to Dan_Gyoba
If you like, I've got a 7M that was running when I pulled it, plus another that had rod knock. (Rod knocking block is free if you want the wiring harness that's connected to it. I also have a cleaned and machined crank to go with it that you can have.)

I also have an '87 7M-GTE wiring harness and ECU that is good. The injector connectors are off, but I should have those (along with injectors) in the garage as well.

Also in the parts pile is a CT26 with the DM softline kit which was still running strong when pulled.

Obviously this is "some assembly required"

The non-rod knocked block came from my '90, mileage is about what's on the chassis, which I don't remember offhand. The rod knocking one came from an '87 donor car, has about 180,000 km on it, as I recall. I don't know much about the newer block for stuff installed. There's a set of ARP studs in the knocking block, and the head has about 10,000 km on a rebuild.

The CT26 came from the '90 and was replaced because I had the Turbonetics 60-1.

I don't know for sure what parts you'd need for a swap, but I've got stuff that can get you started. I'm pretty sure that the ECU and wiring harness, igniter, and other bits and pieces are a good start, add in a turbo exhaust manifold and the turbocharger itself, and you're probably well on the way to a very fast MA67.

'89NA-T, 499,XXX kms
Part-out in process, RIP

'90T, 289,XXX kms
What I need to fix:
Stereo construction needed.
7M-GTE needs to be broken in
Should install Walbro fuel pump

eBay F1 clutch pics.
NA-T engine swap pics
Driftmotion Action Stage 3 clutch pics
Dan_Gyoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
Grandavi

If he doesn't take those parts off of your hands Dan, I could nab them.

I'm building a 7MGTE on a stand (a "just in case" and "just for fun" build) and have 2 dead blocks, etc, but I end up with people coming over needing parts and giving them out... lol. Eventually I will have what I need and then be doing a garage clean up.

In the end, I'm hoping to have a complete secondary drivetrain built (7MGTE, R154, driveshaft, diff and subframes) and then revisit my car again with a full "bottom-off" build. With work slowing down, I'm finding more free time. Forgot how much fun it actually is to work on your own vehicles...

Anybody needing those parts can have first dibs, but if your getting rid of parts, let me know. Would just mean a little drive up to Edmonton again... lol. I think I still have a bit of room to walk in my garage... we could talk a little cash as well if you need. Just keep me in mind (if that's what your doing)

Unread 02-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #5
L1982

What you looking for price wise im just a little skeptical about the 7m due to lots of people saying the 7m has lots of issues
L1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Dan_Gyoba

Send a message via ICQ to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Yahoo to Dan_Gyoba Send a message via Skype™ to Dan_Gyoba
I figured that I'd take about $100 for the engines. That should be reasonable, particularly with the spare crank, I think.

I'd like to get around $150 for the turbo. It seems to be in pretty good shape, and the softline kit is worth a bit, too.

Not too sure about the wirig harness and ECU. I sold off one complete wiring harness and ECU for $125 some time ago, so it should be worth something complete, particularly if the extra underhood stuff that goes with is included.

If you're worried about the 7M reliability, remember that it's the same block as your 5M. I suppose that you could build from a shortblock, use the block and crank (Which is, by the way a 6M crank) with your 5M head (You'd need pistons to match the valve reliefs to the head) and make a DIY 6M.

It also seems to me that the exhaust manifold mount is the same as the 7M, so you could turbocharge it, too.

Hey Grant. If you want stuff from my garage, you're more than welcome to come look. Some of it is still bolted into/onto the '89 chassis, so some pulling work may be required.

'89NA-T, 499,XXX kms
Part-out in process, RIP

'90T, 289,XXX kms
What I need to fix:
Stereo construction needed.
7M-GTE needs to be broken in
Should install Walbro fuel pump

eBay F1 clutch pics.
NA-T engine swap pics
Driftmotion Action Stage 3 clutch pics
Dan_Gyoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Grandavi

I packrat a bit just because it's getting difficult to find parts. I will give you a shout when I'm coming through Edmonton next time on my way to Lloydminster.