Alberta Supra Club  

All Albums / Galleries Timeslip Database
Go Back   Alberta Supra Club > Services > Shops and Services Reviews

Unread 03-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
300hp4me

RCTS Calgary

I'd just like to shine a little light onto the RCTS thing for anyone who is curious.
The company is Riemer Consulting Tecnical Services. Before you consider using these services, you should check out his web site. www.monsterhorsepower.com
Read the stories and check out the stuff he does.
You need to know what you are going there for.
After having my engine rebuilt by a suposedly reputable shop,that turned out to be a hack job, i heard about RCTS. I went there one day and ended up talkin for about 2 hours with Reg.
He showed me his tiny shop and the amazing cars he had in it...His supra (1000hp), viper v10, BMW Z3, an ol black 87supra. In the back lot there was 2 or 3 other supras, one sweet 91 with a 1JZ twin swap.
We discussed what the best process was to juice my supra. There is a logical way to build up to what you want. Your final outcome depends on how far you are going to go.

Over sized rad, if your going anywhere you need to be cool
Huge exhaust, cant go in if it cant get out
Boost kit, how much can go in
Intercooler kit, a little more
Fuel system. oops..hit the boost control cutoff.
Have to fix that.

To get anything more out of an engine would mean starting from scratch and building an engine to put under all the other stuff.
Stroker.
Really big turbo.
How much money do you have to play with is the next question to ask yourself before going to RCTS.
I am just gettin to step 4,
Now all this consulting didnt cost me a thing and I learned more about tunin in 2 hours than i ever knew.
Everytime im in there, Reg is dishin out free consulting, and answering questions that he doent get paid for.
The shop that hacked my car charged $87/hour and country hills toyota quoted $125/hour. He charges $107/hour for the services of his shop guys, cause they shouldnt have to work for free. Though they sometimes have to work outside because I wouldnt expect him to move a viper v10 to make room for my exhaust job.
I wish I would have had my engine rebuilt by RCTS to begin with, instead of hackers, because after it blows up, i'll have to get it done right anyways.
All the work ive had done so far by RCTS guys has been impecable. From adapting a tranny cooler from my old 76 dodge 360 at the last minute because the koyo rad does not have that option, to fixin my power window switch for free in the parking lot, cause its just the lock switch sticking.
I hope this helps anyone who is looking for this type of service.
www.monsterhorsepower.com
check his stuff out, its a cool surf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supd02.jpg (176.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg v10.jpg (149.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg z3.jpg (133.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg back01.jpg (139.1 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by 300hp4me; 03-28-2007 at 10:09 AM.
300hp4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Keros

Send a message via MSN to Keros
I'll add that RCTS was the only place out of a good dozen dealerships, shops, tuners, and such, that could find me new tie rod ends when I put on my shiney ST sway bars. Ontop of that, the guy (I don't remember his name anymore), took two days of making calls to find them. The guys at the toyota parts desk scratched their heads, whereas RCTS came through for me, and in a very timely fashion.

Two motor oil covered thumbs up for Reg and his team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael
I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you're having a college party, remember to invite bitches, or else your new engine will blow up.
Keros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
annoyingrob

RCTS is a great place to get hard to find 1JZ parts too.
Unread 10-05-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
Funkycheeze

I worked there for a few years while I was going to school, Reg is a good guy

A few tips

-Go there knowing whar you are after, do some research

-Give yourself lots of time, Reg loves to talk

-Be prepared to spend alot, as he wont do 'half jobs' with poor quality parts etc, bottom line is you get what you pay for

-Don't waste his time! he hates when people go in to talk him up about stuff and buy nothing over and over, cuz they can order it over the internet for $10 cheaper

-He isn't always at the shop, so if you can call before you head down there to make sure he will be there

-He doesnt run a 'repair shop' I know he didnt appreciate it when customers brought their cars to him on tow trucks, and they had all sorts of problems

Last edited by Funkycheeze; 10-05-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Funkycheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
annoyingrob

more like he's NEVER at the shop

Yeah, that just about sums up RCTS right there. Expensive, but they do a NICE job on everything.
Unread 07-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Grandavi

Send a message via MSN to Grandavi Send a message via Skype™ to Grandavi
Reviving this, because I am taking my 88 MKIII to him on the 16th of July. Will let you know results to.

(just nice to know they still exist.. lol)
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
Grandavi

Send a message via MSN to Grandavi Send a message via Skype™ to Grandavi
Well.. got the Supra home tonight. I think that dollar for dollar it was worth it. Leak down test confirmed I have a solid engine, almost all the rubber replaced (vac/oil leaks). Lots of great advice and I am set to plan for the exhaust/turbo/fuel upgrades. Happy with the work, and the attention to detail. The engine bay looks good now, the engine runs strong and I upgraded the rad while it was in there. just over 1800.00 for all the work (1100 was just parts), got the red coolant, redline trany fluid and about to adjust my oil.

Recommend this shop still. Good knowledgable folk, they do what they say (and then some) and I felt comfortable with everything they said and did. Yeah, slightly more expensive than some perhaps, but your not going to get your car home and find the 2 vacuum lines flopping in the wind, the broken cover, the coolant line splitting etc.. like I did after using the Toyota dealership near me (no.. it wasn't Stampede). You pay once.. you get it done right.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
flateric

Yup been a customer of Reg's for well over 10 years now and consider him a good friend also. Never ever had anything bad to say about him and doubt I ever would. Top knotch work and no-one knows their stuff more than him personally. IMO.
flateric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
88mintsupra

I had all the work on my 88 mk3 done there over the four years I owned her, and have no complaints. Top notch on everything. was a little pricey but like what was stated above, you get what you pay for.And if you want the job done right, go there.
88mintsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
hlvw wrecker

Jimmy also knows his stuff really well, he dyno'd my soarer when i was there with the JTOC(spit, bad taste in mouth)

planning on driving the supra there towards the end of this year(when i get back from this shitbox ofcourse) to get some parts and such.

hlvw wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote